Tuesday 2 March 2021

Planning The New Duck Run

 I have been out planning and measuring yesterday. I have studied the instructions (it all looks rather complicated) and today is the big day. Poor Tom is tired as he didn't get in from work until 11 o'clock last night but we can't have a box of duck run panels in the dining room another day!

We really love our ducks. I was checking last night to see exactly how old they were. We hatched Scoot the female duck in May 2014 so she is nearly 7. She was  the cutest little duckling. 

 

 As she was an "only duckling" we were worried she was growing up to think she was a dog, she absolutely loved them! We travelled to a farm on a round trip of 100 miles to rescue a two week old male Call duckling who was going to have his neck rung as the farmer had hatched too many males. I'm afraid to say he has never shown a minutes gratitude for our efforts but we still love him. 



So hopefully today we can get it all done and secure against the foxes by this evening, otherwise I can see the ducks in a cage in the kitchen overnight! I hope everyone has a wonderful day what ever your plans. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...