Thursday 11 March 2021

All Behind Us

 Well what a difference a day made in the weather. It was horrible yesterday. Raining, cold and blowing a gale. Tom was on a late duty so he took Layla to the park before he left. It was so windy when he threw her new toy it was caught by a gust of wind and ended up caught in a tree. Sadly too high to be retrieved poor Layla had to walk home without her precious new toy to carry and I will have to order her a new one from Pets At Home.  

At lunchtime I went to my Dad's to do his shopping on the train as usual and it was so horrible sitting at the station I was glad of my mask to keep my face warm! When I arrived at the station the usually lovely view was very grey 


Even though the shops were quiet, probably made worse by the bad weather, it was really nice to see school children round and about again. It's only about four more weeks until more shops will be opening up and it will give a nicer feel to the whole village. Just to see people sitting outside the cafes again, even if they are not allowed to be inside for a while will be so nice. I did have to smile there were two old men sitting on old fashioned shooting sticks in the main street drinking cups of coffee. They looked so pleased with themselves sitting socially distanced having a chat. How resourceful people have become! One of the really good things to come out of this pandemic has been the ingenuity of so many people and businesses to keep going in some way. 

To have a clear out and raise a bit of money, our lovely little florist has put a table of very sickly looking pot plants outside asking people to help themselves but they would be ever so grateful for a donation. I took a Christmas Cactus and left some money in one of the little envelopes. It had lots of brown leaves and looked very sad. I have cut off the dead leaves and re-potted it and it is looking better already. I'm hoping by the time it flowers in the winter I will be saying "Remember when I bought this plant during lockdown, well thank goodness that is all behind us now." Fingers crossed, I'm sure it will be.

The wind blowed a gale all night and I could hear was things blowing around and banging round the whole neighbourhood. All I could imagine was my little greenhouse blowing away and ending up on the main road with all my little seedlings scattered around the garden but when I woke up to my relief everything looked fine, if a bit wind swept. Scarlett is coming this morning and another little parcel for the dolls house has arrived for her to open which I know she will be thrilled with. I hope we will be able to get out for a walk today, we'll just have to see how the weather goes. I really hope everyone has managed without too much damage from the gales and has a lovely day today hat ever you are doing. xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...