Monday, 12 December 2016

Where Have All The Post Offices Gone?

  I was up at the crack of dawn today packing up all my parcels from weekend sales on ebay. Monday is my busiest day for posting and it is extra busy at the moment with lots of toys and gift items being sold and it was box after box all morning. Heres one I can't use now.


   I struggled up to the post office with 13 parcels and realised there was quite a queue. When it was my turn at the counter I could feel the hatred from a dozen pairs of eyes boring into the back of my head with every parcel I put on the scales. There is only one little counter and I'm sure I would hate me if I was behind me. I kept apologising and smiling and saying nearly finished now but most of the people still looked at me as if I had killed a close relative of theirs.
  I felt like saying this is not my fault. I can't help it if Royal Mail has been privatised and post offices have been shut all over the country. It's not my fault we have one post office counter within a 3 mile radius in a highly populated area. I'm sure it would have fallen on deaf ears though. Oh dear, I have got to face this every day until Christmas.

6 comments:

  1. So much for Christmas Spirit Jane:( We have the same problems with Australia Post, shops closing down, price increases, postage delays the list goes on. I would be tempted to write your comments on a sign and attach it to your back next time you go:) Gorgeous photo, when I was much younger my Mum had a black cat just like in your photo, her name was Tabs♥ I've had a horrible year and lost two of my 3 cats within 4 weeks of each other. They were both nearly 13 years old. Old Tom is left and we celebrated his 17th birthday on 7th December. He is in renal failure and is on daily medication and special food so God willing we can keep this at bay for a lot longer. Sorry I didn't mean to waffle on:( Linda xx PS Keep smiling Jane especially at the Post Office:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Linda I am so sorry to hear about your cats. The trouble is when you have pets they bring such happiness but you also get extra heartache. Fingers crossed Old Tom keeps going for a long time yet. Jane xx

      Delete
    2. Thank you so much Jane, I so miss my two babies:( Oh I couldn't help but have a sticky beak at your ebay shop, my oh my it's like taking another trip down memory lane. I'm especially loving the old postcards and photographs. It must take such a long time to list all of your items. Ha ha we have a little store with only 171 listings and it can be time consuming when taking photos, writing the listing etc etc. Your ebay shop is a credit to you Jane. I've had to ban myself until I do some jobs as I sat early this morning and went through 20 pages:) Linda xx

      Delete
    3. Really glad you enjoyed looking through the store Linda. I'm looking forward to restocking the vintage toys in the New Year. Jane xx

      Delete
  2. I follow your blog and really enjoy it. I am in the US. How can I find your online store for purchases?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jacqueline. Thank you for your kind comment. I have tried to add a link to my ebay store but it won't seem to work in the comments. I'll try and sort out a link in the sidebar very soon. Jane xx

      http://stores.ebay.co.uk/Nostalgic-Store-UK

      Delete