Saturday 13 February 2021

When The Sun Shines

 I had a really busy day yesterday starting early and not getting back in until late, but we managed to get all of the jobs for my Dad done and he really brightened up getting so many things sorted out. The doctor does want him to have a couple more routine tests but I think it is more because of his age and the fact that due to coronavirus he hasn't been seen by anyone for a long time. It's such a difficult situation at the moment, if there are any smallish health problems you tend to just think that you won't bother anyone as they have so much on with serious things. Lockdown is so hard for people who live on their own. My Dad jokes he's sick of talking to his cat Millie but at least he has got her!

We've been try to plan for the future the best we can. Dad's had his gardening books out and has been planning different jobs to do in the garden when the weather gets better. We have been planning a birthday do for Dad on his 90th in May, hopefully all of us in his garden, and eldest son is planning a family barbecue at his house in Hastings with all of us there for his birthday in June. I'm sure we will be able to have some sort of celebrations, maybe not completely normal, but some sort of  fun. We will certainly be ready for it! 

At least yesterday the sun was shining. I took this photo of the view from Epsom Downs towards London. I could have stood and looked at it all day. Often when we drive past the parking spaces by this spot a campervan is parked. Sometimes it has moved to the other end, so the view would be slightly different and sometimes if we come past late at night it is still there, with a little warm glow coming from the windows. I can't help but envy them, the freedom to move about. In a world where we are locked in it seems very appealing.


It's nice and sunny again this morning but cold. I'm hoping to be able to venture into the garden to tidy up a bit after the snow which is gradually going but I'll assess how cold it is I think. Have a lovely day everyone what ever your plans. xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...