Wednesday 3 February 2021

What A Swansong

 Like everyone I was so sad to hear about the death of Captain Tom Moore yesterday. What a tragedy after all he did to finally succumb to coronavirus himself. A lovely man with a wonderful life and my goodness what a swansong. At the age of 100 he became the hero of the whole country. We all have to die and to live to 100 is all any of us could dream of but who could imagine the final year of their life would turn out like his. He did so much good, gave so many people hope and looked as if he was enjoying it all so much too. 100 or not, his family must be devastated to lose him, but as a country, at a time of great need, we were so lucky to have him.


There's something about being around a really inspiring person that inspires you to be better! I'm not sure I will live to 100 but I hope I still have many years left and it makes me realise that being 60 is nothing. I still have the opportunity for so many new challenges left. I think that facing new challenges is what keeps people young and I'm going to try never to think that I am too old to try anything. Have a lovely day what ever you are doing. xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...