Wednesday 5 May 2021

Windy Days And Pink Hair

 It remained blustery and quite cold yesterday. When the sun came out it was warm but out of the sun it was freezing. I kept my greenhouse closed all day as I didn't want a big gust of wind suddenly blowing all my plants over. When I was travelling over to my Dads there was blossom blowing off the trees everywhere, it is very sad.  He has a beautiful ornamental cherry tree in his back garden and the poor thing has been so battered by the wind, his lawn was covered in blossom. I'm really glad I took this photo of it the other day when it as looking so beautiful.


Yesterday while doing his shopping one thing I realised now is the roads are so much busier. I've almost got used to them being quieter but now everywhere seems almost busier than before and the narrow pavements were packed with people and children. It felt ever so strange and although I've been looking forward to this it's going to take some getting used to. When we got back we had a cup of tea and some of the delicious home made cake that one of his neighbours made for his birthday. All his cakes are lined up in the kitchen even though he's given us some wrapped up in tin foil to take home, he's still going to be eating cake all week!

I spent yesterday evening dying youngest daughter's hair pink. She loves to change the colour all the time and thinks spring is the time to go pink. She looks after children with autism and they are all eagerly awaiting the new colour today. She has warned them it's going to happen but not the colour so they have been trying to guess. One of the little boys apparently said to her "I hope it's not pink, I hate pink!" Oh dear.

The weather looks better today, brighter and less windy but it is still quite chilly. I think I better try and tidy up the garden today as it's looking a bit messy after all those gales. One thing I am very pleased about is sickly tomato plant. I cut off the dead leaves and new ones are really growing now. All the keeping it warm and talking to it seems to have worked. I hope everyone has a lovely day and the sun shines on you for some of it. xx


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...