Friday 14 May 2021

Making Bunting And A New Job

 It rained for much of the day yesterday. It has made the garden look even greener but it wasn't much good for Scarlett and I trying to get out in it. We stayed in and made some bunting for our caravan from old 1960s and 70s flags. I bought a couple of very old flags for our little flag pole on the caravan roof from Etsy and they came on an old bunting cord, with the original rings still in place on the ends. I thought it would be a nice way of displaying them and if in the end we ever get round to showing our caravan keep the unspoilt original look. I had to remove the ring from one end and as they were so old it was quite tricky and attach it to a knitting needle to thread them through. Scarlett as usual entered into the whole thing with such enthusiasm. I thought I had enough flags to go end to end but was four short which was a bit annoying but I will search them out and add them before we go away. When I have finished the large Caravan Club one will be in the centre. When eldest daughter's partner picked her up Scarlett was so excited talking about flags he said "That's it she'll be talking about this for days!" She loved the solar bee too and was thrilled when I told her she could name it. Mr Bee was what she came up with so that is what he is called. I suppose it could have been worse!


The evening was quite exciting as youngest son started a new job yesterday. It is working for the same company as he and youngest daughter work for now but he has been promoted to a much more responsible role. He will still have a part in looking after the disabled children he cares for at the moment but it is more community based now too, training them as they travel around and hopefully becoming more independent in society. He is really looking forward to it as he loves being out and about. It was really nice to sit in the evening chatting about his day and hear all the new things he will be doing.

We haven't even reached Monday the 17th yet when restrictions are lifted a bit more and there is already talk on the news about new local lockdowns because of the rise of the Indian variant of coronavirus in this country. Sigh. I'm just going to keep on with my little life and try not to worry too much about  B1712 variant or whatever. There's lots I need to get on with today, inside and outside. so I'm just going to enjoy and carry on with that. I hope everyone has a lovely day what ever you are doing. xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...