Friday 21 May 2021

Toy Story And Royal Story

 Yesterday morning when Scarlett arrived the weather wasn't very nice at all so after we had eaten our breakfast she asked if she she could watch her new favourite film Toy Story. Apparently she has watched it a few times at home and just loves it. I haven't seen the film for years, but it was always one of my favourites from when my children were young. We settled down and watched it together and I was reminded why I liked it so much, but it also reminded me why I struggle to get rid of any toys!

I was always soft hearted, I have kept so many of my toys as I could never bear to get rid of them. I have so many teddies from my childhood and I even have my Tiny Tears and Amanda Jane from when I was about 4 or 5. They are still in the original toy chest they were kept in when I was a child, this is one I got on my 5th birthday. It has gone everywhere with me since then, all ten homes I have lived after I was five and even sat on the shelf next to my bed in the nurses home I lived in in the late 1970s. 


Youngest son is just as bad, he has kept all his toys and entirely blames Toy Story for not being able to get rid of them! He has all his old games consuls and games in the loft too, old Sega Master Systems and Mega Drives with games all packed up. He can't bear to get rid of them and I always joke he will be the only one of us to be a millionaire as one day they will be worth so much. As I watched Scarlett clutching her little toy dog with her little lip quivering as poor Andy was so heartbroken when Woody and Buzz went missing I thought "Oh dear, it has started."

Despite the bad weather we did manage to get out for a walk and the sun shone for a while so we were out in the garden, even though it was terribly windy. Scarlett loved it as the male fox was sitting there for all the time we were out there, she tried so hard to get really close but he would only let her get so close before he ran through the gap in the fence. I did have to smile as she kept saying "Oh fox, please come here." with a big sigh. She loved him.

In the evening we were sitting eating our evening meal watching the documentary about the Panorama interview with Princess Diana. It was horrifying and so sad. I felt as if I could have been watching a programme about the demise of someone like Anne Boleyn with Oliver Cromwell gathering evidence. It's hard to believe now after how famous she was, but youngest son and daughter, who have no interest in the Royal family at all, have never really seen Princess Diana talk before. Their only knowledge of it all is short extracts they've seen on TV from The Crown. They thought she was absolutely lovely and not what they expected at all. They both agreed she had a charm that no actress on a TV drama had ever managed to quite capture.

Well it's another windy day today, though so far we haven't had rain. I'm going over to see my Dad with my sister and we were hoping to go and investigate some more on our ancestors who lived locally so I really hope the rain keeps off. I hope everyone has a lovely day what ever your plans.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...