Monday 3 May 2021

A Very Big Birthday

 We had such a wonderful day yesterday. By the time my sister, youngest daughter and I arrived before lunch Dad had already had a succession of visitors including Scarlett who had been so excited and people dropping off cards, flowers and cakes. All his neighbours and even dog walkers who just know him from walking by the house and put cards through. After we had lunch together we went down to local garden centre and he chose lots of plants for the garden from us all. When we got back we had tea and birthday cake and youngest daughter played old music like Nat King Cole and Glenn Miller and Dad told her tales of how he used to play the trumpet as he loved the Glen Miller Orchestra so much. He even had lessons and was quite good. I had completely forgotten that and we all decided they don't make good music like that anymore!



Eldest son came which was lovely as I haven't spent any time with him for ages because of lockdown and Millie showed off at all the attention. By the time we went home Dad was tired but said he had, had a lovely day. Thank you for everyone's kind messages, I told him that so many people were sending best wishes and he was thrilled. All my old school friends remember him really well and sent their best wishes too. As one of the men who's family was particularly friendly with ours years ago said about him  "A true gentleman" and we are very proud. 

The weather forecast is dreadful today so I think we were very lucky yesterday. Tom is working and I think it will have to be a day for making curtains. I hope everyone has a lovely Bank Holiday Monday what ever your plans. xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...