Thursday 6 May 2021

A Day Of Disappointments

  I was all set to go out into the garden to do some work when there was a knock on the door from a young man telling me he was taking down the fence between my neighbours and I to replace it so they would be working in our garden during the day. I didn't really feel like being out gardening with two men standing in the flower bed all day so I had a rethink and decided to do some housework then work on the curtains for the caravan. I popped down to the sewing and knitting shop to buy some cotton I needed that I hadn't been able to find in Wilkinson's the other day. I hemmed one of the curtains but only tacked it as I'm worried to finish them off without trying them out first. 

After Tom got in, we were saying how nice it was was he has four days off now so I said I would go down to the Co-op to get some wine and we would have a nice meal to begin his days off. I was half way down when the heavens opened and I found myself in a hailstorm! I wanted to check the bank balance as I had drawn some cash out to pay for the cotton as the sewing shop doesn't accept card payments for small amounts. I had my mask on and hood up as I checked my balance in the pouring rain, I was rushing to say the least. When I went to the counter in the Co-op to pay for the bottle of wine I realised I didn't have my card, I rushed out to the machine but too late it must have been sucked in. I doubt it was stolen as there was not another soul around in the downpour.

I walked home in the rain, as miserable as could be. When I got in Tom said "Don't worry I'll go back down and buy it." I was standing in the kitchen telling the sad sorry tale to youngest son, when Tom got back with the wine. "Oh well all's well that ends well" he said as Tom put the wine on the work surface. We all watched in horror as Cleo jumped up and neatly head butted it straight off to the floor accompanied by a large smashing sound. "Don't be upset Mum" said my wonderful youngest son. I'll clear it up and go down and buy another one. As I looked around to the carnage in the kitchen, I saw Tess our Border Collie happily lapping up all the wine! So there we were last night with a border collie sound asleep and snoring after drinking excessive amounts of wine and me cancelling my bank card, I thought to myself this day hasn't gone according to plan at all. I did laugh though when youngest son returned from the Co-op with two bottles of wine "To make up for all the disappointment!" He is so kind, I do love him but I wonder what the staff in the Co-op make of it all. Here is a mugshot of the guilty party! We have forgiven her, just.

. Scarlett is coming round today and as Tom is off we are going to catch up with a few things we need to do and take her with us. It's also voting day so she can come with us for that too. I hope everyone has a lovely day what ever you are doing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...