Tuesday 4 May 2021

Organising Photos And Forgotten Weddings

 It was not a very nice day weather wise yesterday but the promised storm didn't arrive until the early evening. I sorted through some of my collection of old photos, I have thousands! I'm trying to work out how best to store them so they are safe for the future. I have rescued all these photos from car boot sales, auctions, ebay and charity shops so I feel it is important to keep them safe but also make them available, as well as any information I have with them, for other people to view. What I don't want is someone contacting me and saying "How marvellous that is my Great Granny!" and then I have to say I can't find the photo! At the moment this would be a distinct possibility! It's how to organise them in the best way. Probably albums but that isn't cheap and then it is storing them. I have photos dating back to the 1860s and one of my favourite group of photos to collect are wedding photos. It is so sad they have become separated from the family. These are a few of my favourites. 




It isn't just the photos I have "rescued" it's family photos too. It's very hard to find the best way to organise and store the photos after they have been scanned. I'd love to hear people's ideas how they tackle this problem. When I was first married and when eldest son and daughter were little I carefully put  all our photos in albums but you can see over the years how I ran out of time and later photos when youngest son and daughter were little are all stored in boxes. Interestingly I found a box of reject photos that hadn't made it to albums, I can't remember the reason why, I didn't like the way I looked probably. I think I look fine now when I look back, in fact we really laughed at some how funny they were and I wish I could add them into the albums. I did hear once that in history there is no such thing as a bad photo so it seems a shame that today what we consider bad photos just get deleted.

I managed to get the first curtain cut and pinned for the awning. There is so much fabric in the old curtains I bought, I think they must have been for French doors, it was a difficult job. At least I feel as if I am getting under way now though. 

It was a terribly windy stormy night last night and the garden is looking the worse for wear today. My little crab apple tree in a pot is leaning in a worrying way. There is no point in sorting it all out yet as I think there is more wind on the way today. I'm going to my Dad's today to do his shopping with my sister. We've been told we have to help him get through all the cakes he has been given by neighbours over the weekend. It's a hard job but someone has to do it! I hope everyone has a lovely day what ever you are doing. xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...