Thursday 1 April 2021

Hip Hip Hooray!

I caught the train into Sutton to go to Morrisons yesterday morning to buy a few bits I was running low on. It was nice and warm but cloudy not clear blue skies like the day before. I bought two new plants a Clematis Aotearo and a little rockery plant Mossy Saxifrage. I have never had any luck with Clematis but I thought for £2 I'd give it one more go this year. The Mossy Saxifrage is a new one for me but I'm trying to build a little rockery from all the big stones I have dug up in the garden from the old farm buildings that used to be here. The only trouble is it is in a shady spot and I didn't have my glasses with me to read it likes sun or part shade and I think it may not be quite suitable but I really liked the look of it so will give it a go.


I was working away in the greenhouse and it was only when I stepped outside I thought I could feel something watching me. There it was, the male fox who is usually so shy, just standing there watching my every move. He often comes down the garden to look in at us when we are sitting inside but never outside before. I talked to him for a while and got my phone to take a few photos of him. He just stood there looking rather sad I thought, so I went inside and got a few dog biscuits. He was still waiting when I walked up to the end of the garden and I put them in the bowl. While I carried on working in the garden I could hear him crunching his way through them.


After we had eaten in the evening I took Tess out again for a long walk. I walked three miles around the roads, not to the park, and everything felt so relaxed. There was almost a party atmosphere, everyone was sitting out in front gardens with their front doors open chatting to people. The tennis courts at the local club were open and it was wonderful to hear people laughing and shouting to each other again as they played. I also noticed people seemed to be smiling a lot more. As I walked past the house with the light box in the window it said "Hip Hip Hooray" and I couldn't agree more. Things are starting to feel much more cheerful. 

Scarlett is coming this morning so it will be nice to have a walk with her today. The weather is cooling down but still quite nice today so hopefully time spent outside. I hope everyone has a lovely day what ever your plans. xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...