Friday 2 April 2021

Easter Cakes And Family Time

 The weather was nice and warm yesterday and quite sunny, not as warm as it has been, but still pleasant. Scarlett and I went out for a walk and she told me all names of all the children at her nursery (including the first letter of their surname if there is more than one of that name), the babies downstairs (so cute!) all the staff, including the ones on holiday finishing up triumphantly with Brian the chef and the two guinea pigs! I have no idea if she is remembering everyone but there are so many I doubt she is forgetting many. I am amazed at her memory and it makes it such fun out walking with her as she remembers everything we have talked about the week before and we can have a proper chat. I am making the most of these days as she starts school in September so our time will be more limited and I know how lucky I am at the moment.

We walked back via the bakers as usual and queued for bread and her cake. The shop was full of Easter cakes and hot cross buns. They have gone to so much trouble, I feel so sorry for them not being completely open as usual with the tea room part packed, inside and out, as it normally is. I would normally take a photo of all the Easter decorations but it was pretty impossible with a queue of people outside the shop and everyone having to socially distance inside. They must be losing so much money after all their hard work. Scarlett chose this lovely little cake and was so excited. It's all so thrilling for children.


Youngest daughter had finished work for the Easter holidays yesterday so was home with us. It was such a treat for Scarlett to have her around and we all went out in the garden in the afternoon. They watched the ducks and the cockatiels together while I watered all the plants in the greenhouse. I was really pleased to see the sweet peas are starting to come up. The whole garden is definitely coming more and more to life. I love taking photographs of it gradually over the next few months to see how it fills out with greenery and colour.


It's much colder this morning. I have been out standing with the dogs early in the morning when I let them out and it has been so nice listening to the birds singing and seeing the sun just starting to come up. Not this morning! I dashed in after a couple of minutes it was so cold and apparently it is going to get worse next week. It looks like it's going to be winter jumper time again! Youngest son has also finished work for Easter now so I will have more company today. I think I better get on with some work before they are up and about, but I doubt that will be anytime soon! I hope everyone has a lovely day what ever your plans. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...