Friday 29 January 2021

Raising The Flags On Our Vintage Caravan

 I absolutely love our vintage caravan. Tom and I always joke we will never part with it until the day we die! It's the most wonderful little space. On summer nights we sit under the sun canopy with a bottle of wine and admire the view and on cooler nights we sit inside listening to our little 1970s record player. Last summer when we were away in it, with no television, all the problems of life at the moment seemed to disappear. We would cook our meals on the little cooker and walk the dogs through fields. On one break away I popped into a Tesco Express not far from the site to get some bread rolls. It was before masks were compulsory but just the sign on the door asking me to socially distance brought me up with a start. I had almost forgotten while we had been away. I can't wait to be back to those days away again. Even though life was far from normal at the time, in our little caravan life seemed it. 

Our 1970s Caravan

No matter what happens this year this is what we are aiming for again. Not holidays abroad, this is our happy place.









One of the other items for the caravan I will be sorting out are the flags! We are lucky enough to still have the original flag badge and holder on the front. At the back of one of the cupboards we also found the three little flag poles. It was a happy find as is very expensive to find originals. Old flags are also expensive but I have bought this vintage Caravan Club one. To save money, now I have a template to work from, I may make the other two out of retro fabric. It's just deciding which fabric from my stash I will use!

Caravan Club Retro Flag
Caravan Club Retro Flag

We all need something to look forward to in these difficult times. It's a nice bright morning and the header tape I ordered has arrived so I can get going on the remaining curtains for the caravan while I am deciding about the flags  It helps me plan and look to the future when times will be a bit more normal. It's only little things but I think it certainly helps. I hope everyone has a lovely day what ever you are doing. xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...