Monday 25 January 2021

Chaos, Curtains And Crochet On A Snowy Day

 Well the promised snow arrived and it all looked very pretty. Once Tom had changed the ducks frozen water and we added an extra heat lamp into the inside quarters of the aviary we decided that we would stay inside in the warm. Luckily neither Tom or my youngest son or daughter were working today. However in no time at all the usual snow chaos ensued. We only live at the top of a small hill but that is enough to cause car accidents in this sort of weather. One car had skidded into a parked car and another skidded backwards off the road into someone's fence. It happens every time we have snow. Luckily this time a pair of very enthusiastic young NHS Track and Trace workers arrived and pushed the cars up the hill and once grit from the big yellow container, that is always full in the winter, was scattered about calm was restored. I suppose with hindsight the grit should have been scattered before the snow!


In the afternoon I decided I would start making the remaining curtains I needed to make for our 1970s caravan in the hope that it won't be too long before we will be able to go and check on it, when this lockdown finally ends!  The little toilet cubicle in our caravan is ever so dark with just a tiny frosted window so I wanted to make some really bright cheerful curtains and what could  be more cheerful than Snoopy. I absolutely adore Snoopy! All my old school friends laugh at me and say I have never grown up as I used to have Snoopy all over my books at school and they are right I haven't!  Who couldn't be cheered by this lovely material.

Snoopy Fabric
The shower cubicle in the caravan is very cleverly designed. The shower tray folds up when not in use, the door folds backwards and the area becomes extra space in the caravan with a second door going outside. So I want the curtains on the window in there to match those in the rest of the caravan. Luckily I have just enough of that material left. 

1970s Curtain Fabric
I managed to cut the curtains and lining ready for sewing but unfortunately didn't have enough header tape for either pair. We are lucky enough to have a wonderful little local knitting and sewing shop but of course it is closed at the moment and sadly won't be open for the foreseeable future so I have been held up waiting for some to be delivered. 

The rest of the day was spent quite productively sewing back together squares that had come adrift on this double sized crochet blanket. I bought it for just £2 at a jumble sale (pre covid! How I miss jumble sales) and think it will look really nice in the caravan.

Crochet Blanket
Bad weather days can be quite nice sometimes. I can always find things to do around the house and feel yesterday definitely wasn't a wasted day. 
Much of the snow has melted this morning and it is lovely and sunny, but feezing. Tom is off again but our youngest son and daughter are working. The pavements look very icy so I think I will wait a bit to walk the dogs. A day of work and hopefully I will find time to get a few more bits sorted for the caravan. I hope everyone has a lovely safe day what ever you are doing. xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...