Sunday 31 January 2021

A Room Full Of Books And Paintings

 Well what a terrible day it was weather-wise yesterday. It rained and rained all day and it felt as if it hardly got light at all. Tom has started nine days holiday from work. Of course there is nothing really to do but go for walks, however at least he is getting a break and not having to go out early on cold dark mornings. If the weather gets a bit better we will really enjoy some longer walks. With the weather being so bad though  I just carried on sorting out cupboards and set about fixing a few of the pictures I have bought from jumble sales or car boot sales. 

There is a certain type of room I love. Occasionally they crop up now and again when they go to peoples homes for interviews on the television at the moment. Professor so and so an expert on epidemiology is announced and all I can say is "Oh look at his lovely room!" It's one thing I'm going to really miss when all this is over and guests are back in the studio, looking at rooms. I know exactly the type of room I love. one that is covered in books and pictures. If I had my way we would hardly have any spare wall space just books and pictures. I have little areas in our house that are coming along quite nicely in my view. 



I love original old art work. There is something about the thought and effort that someone has put into it that makes me admire it constantly. I picture the artist carefully painting with the canvas or board on an easel and it feels as if I have a direct link back to the past. Every little brush stroke is someone's hard work. There is a saying that when you buy an original artwork you are not just buying a painting, you are buying a piece of the artists heart and soul and I can really feel that. My favourites change over the years but at the moment this is my favourite. It's an oil painting signed by an artist called E M  Tapping and I bought it at our local charity saleroom for £2. There is just something about the little ballerina that I love. I also love the light outside the window. It always makes me wonder what is out there. It's one thing I doubt I will ever get tired of buying and no matter how many clear outs I have I'll always have room for another painting. 


It's a much brighter day today thankfully. It's cold but the sun is shining. I hope the sun is shining on you and you have a lovely day what ever you are doing. xx


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...