Saturday 30 January 2021

Fixing And Repairing Vintage Toys

I managed to pin and tack one pair of curtains for the caravan yesterday but the day just whizzed by and I  ran out of time. On the bright side my decluttering is going brilliantly. I wish I had tried this 15 minute rule years ago! As I know I am up against the clock I dash around like the Duracell Bunny. If I'm not going to use it or it doesn't have sentimental value it goes in the box. My only concern is if lockdown goes on too long I  may weaken and start taking things out of the boxes. Much as I love car boot sales and jumble sales I wonder if a year off from them has actually helped in me reducing. I have bought so many really useful things but frankly, as my eldest son loves to tell me when he comes round, a lot of tat too! I've bought piles of broken vintage toys as I love fixing things but often don't get round to it, watercolours and oil paintings in broken frames to reframe, piles of retro fabrics to make things with (I'll get round to eventually), the list goes on. There's a part of me that thinks when all this is over, and I am living in a clutter free house, should I really go back to all that temptation of clutter. I'm definitely going to use this time to fix up the things I have been meaning to for months, or is it years! Scarlett is so thrilled with the painted and repaired dolls house it has given me enthusiasm to keep fixing. I have the most wonderful toy farm I bought a few years ago when Scarlett was only a baby. I put it away as I knew she was too young for it, but time has sped by and I know she would love to play with it now. This is just a tiny part of all the farm buildings I bought.


    When I was seven years old I had a toy farm my Dad made me. I remember it very clearly as I loved it so much. It had a base with farm buildings and I collected lots of farm animals with my pocket money. Most of these farm animals were made by the company Britains and it says a lot for the quality of them as not only did they survive me playing with them but my four children as well. Sadly the base of the farm was thrown out years ago but we still have a lot of the farm animals. Just waiting for a farm! This is my next project.
  I hope everyone is managing to find things to keep themselves occupied during lockdown. It was much easier the first time in the lovely weather we had. I find there is always something to do but youngest daughter is so fed up she has taken to tweeting about our neighbours "They're burning another bonfire". Oh dear. God help us if they ever find her twitter account! I hope everyone has a lovely day what ever you are doing. xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...