Wednesday 9 October 2019

An Evening At Downton Abbey

Yesterday was a really enjoyable day. We went to visit my Dad during the day who was in good form as we admired plants in his garden and he told us tales of the neighbours over a cup of tea.
  In the evening my sister and I went into Epsom and had a meal at the Caballo Lounge on Epsom High Street. It is a cafe bar that me eldest daughter and her husband discovered a few years ago and has a decor that warms my collectorholic heart! The meal was fantastic value, delicious and staff so friendly. In fact I could happily move in. It is completely dog friendly. It even has little dog bowls around so they can have a drink. Well worth a visit, I may take Cassie next time.


   After we had finished our meal we had a bit of time to kill, and as the rain had stopped and it was a mild evening we had a walk around Epsom to look at our old teenage haunts. Woolworths, The Wimpy, The Odeon, Chelsea Girl all long gone. It was such fun to remember them though.
  After our walk we went to the new cinema (how I miss the Odeon!) to watch the Downton Abbey film. We enjoyed it so much, two hours of total escapism. The outside world didn't exist, I was transported back to the 1920s and loved every minute. My sister and I are real Downton fans, as our Mum was too, and last year after my second operation she treated me to a trip to Highclere Castle in Hampshire where they film the series. It was a really bright spot in what was a bleak time.Sadly we were not allowed to take photos inside the castle which is beautiful so we really enjoyed seeing the rooms again on a big screen.  It has definitely made me want a return visit there as it such a enjoyable day out. Here are a few photos I took on our day there.









On gloomy wet days in winter I often look at photos from the summer to cheer myself up and I think I will be revisiting these ones a few times on those sort of days. The sun is shining here this morning and after all this galavanting there is quite a lot to catch up with. I hope everyone has a great day whatever you are doing. xx
  

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...