Friday 30 March 2018

An Organising Kind Of Day

What a rainy day! I was stuck in on my own today so decided I would make the most of it and get things done. There are lots of jobs I needed to catch up with so I thought I would just work through them all day. My first job was listing the items I bought this week on ebay, which without any distractions I got through quite quickly. I could have listed more but I needed to photograph them and the light was too bad on such a rainy day to do that. The problem is, the more stock I add the harder it is to find places to store them safely. I added todays items, carefully wrapped in paper to plastic stacking boxes but as time goes on it gets harder as only a percentage of the stock sells each month and this has to be taken into consideration when deciding how big to become as a seller. I am keeping meticulous records for my ebay and etsy selling, which brings me to the next task of the day.
   End of tax year books. I'm very old fashioned, all my book keeping is written down, then I feel happy. All new books need to be started next week and I put a lot of work into getting them just right. I am starting a new household budget book at the same time. Every month I write a list of bills and direct debits due and put the money aside for them first, then I can work out how much we have left to spend each week and any excess goes into our savings. Then weekly money is broken down again into food, petrol and other essentials during the week. This is the figure I am always trying to reduce. New books always give me motivation to try and get the outgoings down and incomings up even more. It's a bit like that feeling you had with new school books in September when you started writing on the first page. I always thought I would do my very best in this book. I hope it lasts a bit longer than in my school days! Even though I am sick of this rain it has certainly helped me get through some work today.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...