Friday 26 August 2016

Keeping Original Features

     When I am out walking I always see interesting little things. I'm always coming home and saying "Guess what I saw when I was walking the dogs!" I have decided I really should try and record these little things as before I know it they will be gone and I will be struggling to remember what they looked like. I often walk past two pretty Victorian houses that are close to us when I am out and about. I look at them and cannot believe the good luck that has befallen them. They are perfect little time capsules. Somehow in their history they have never been owned by people who want to rip out every all the character of a house.


   They have original sash windows and even the original fences. But incredibly they have much more than that. (Sorry about the sunset reflecting on the house next door.)


     They have the same original front doors, gates, stained glass inserts, door knockers, door knobs and letter boxes. If you could only see the paths they both have tiled Victorian paths and incredibly the same old porch lights. I am always amazed this preservation has somehow happened and I think the area owes thanks to the people who have lived in these houses past and present.


        As I carried on with the walk I found this fabulous (Sorry that is a bit of a 1970s word) 1974 Porsche 914. Known as the forgotten Porsche I couldn't resist it as I love vintage and retro cars.


Penfold Post Box Carshalton Beeches

    And finally I have been meaning to photograph this for a long time. It is a Penfold Victorian Post Box in Beeches Avenue, Carshalton Beeches, They are apparently becoming very rare and as I love old post boxes I didn't want it to go unrecorded. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...