Saturday, 6 February 2016

Bring Back The Sunshine

    It's been blowing a gale this evening. Our old sash windows are all banging in the wind and the rain is battering down. When I ran down to the local shop earlier an old man said to me "Nice weather for ducks!" "I have ducks in the garden" I said "and they won't come out of their house as they hate this wind and rain so much." There was a long pause and he said "Well I'll have to stop using that expression then!" Oh dear, he's probably said that for years and I have spoilt it for him!
   My eldest son flew down to Cornwall to pick up his car as he had brought up his belongings in a van. His flight was delayed by two hours so he was really fed up, as he thought flying would be so much quicker. We are not enjoying this weather. The barometer has dropped really low this evening which doesn't bode well for the next few days.


I just want some sunshine now. I found myself looking at photos of the garden in the summer. It's hard to believe on a day like today it will look like this again.

Our garden in Summer


Little Cassie the Yorkshire Terrier having a sleep in the sun on a hot day. Won't be long now and it will feel like that again!



8 comments:

  1. Even I'm looking forward to some brighter weather Jane and I am not a spring/summer girl at all.
    My Smudge lies across the path like Cassie....so cute-x-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know how you feel. I don't mind the cold but the wind and rain gets me down. xx

      Delete
  2. I also long for the sunshine, we have had torrential rain here all day xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At least the worst of the weather seems to have passed over now. I just hope there are no more storms to come. xx

      Delete
  3. I do just that ... when I'm feeling really brassed off with the winter weather and dark, dull days, I look at photos on my computer of our little garden in summer and it really cheers me up! Can't wait to get out there again, it's sodden at the moment. But the tulips bulbs are all well up in their pots. How they've survived the constant deluge, I do not know. Time only will tell whether they give good blooms.
    Margaret P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gardening really lifts my spirits as well Margaret. Won't be long now and we'll be out digging in the dirt! xx

      Delete
  4. Lovely photos as always Jane:) Your garden is absolutely gorgeous, awww isn't Cassie so cute♥ Cornwall was my favourite holiday location in the 70's. Hope all goes well for your son's move:) Wish I could send you some of our hot and humid weather:( We are leaving for UK on Thursday and believe we could be greeted by very cold weather, can't wait:) I know it sounds crazy doesn't it! Keep warm:) Linda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda. They had to have three attempts to land in Cornwall the wind was so strong but he is back here safely now. I hope your journey to the UK goes well at least the storms have passed now. xx

      Delete