Tuesday 22 October 2019

Rescuing Toys From Landfill And Caring For Pets

It was a bit of a disappointing day yesterday as it hardly stopped raining. We had promised Scarlett that we would go to the playground and then take her to feed the ducks and the geese at the ponds which she loves but it was just too wet. I have a supply of toys I have bought at car boot sales for her and I try and get a different one out each week. This week I got out a Baby Annabelle crawling doll I bought for a £1 and she chose a new outfit for her from my bag of dolls clothes that I have acquired over the months. She loved her and it was definitely £1 well spent, especially considering they are £50 new. I think it is so important for little children to care for and show empathy for pets and Scarlett loves our dogs and cat but she is still a bit small to care for them so we get our little guinea pig Chip out for her to feed, stroke and gently brush which kept her amused until lunch time. But it was still raining so back to the stash of toys!


   I have often thought when I am at Jumble Sales and Car Boot Sales the world doesn't need any more dolls! I think there should be a slogan the same as for dogs "Adopt Don't Shop" Thousands of perfectly good dolls must end up at landfill every year. I can't resist those poor little unwanted toys at Jumble Sales and have lots I have fixed and put in new clothes which I  will either give to Scarlett or just give away now they are cleaned up .I enjoy fixing them and making them look as good as new again so don't really care if I don't make any money for them. A few years ago I bought this little doll for 50p at a car boot sale. 


     She was filthy but I managed to clean her up with upholstery cleaner . I bought her a little dolls baby grow for 20p and she looked perfect. I had intended to sell her but ended up keeping her for Scarlett as she is just the right size for her. She has turned out to be one of her most precious toys that she keeps on her pillow every night when she goes to bed. The little doll couldn't bring more pleasure if I had spent a fortune on her.


      After lunch, as she was so disappointed that we weren't going to feed the ducks I promised her we would wrap up and go to the local Charity Shop so she could choose some new books. She has a lot of lovely books already but it was more to make up for the disappointment . When we returned the rest of the afternoon was spent curled up on the sofa reading the new books which she loved. And so did I! Not quite the day we planned  but she seemed as happy as can be.
  The weather is a bit brighter today and I am off to see my Dad so hopefully there will be no problems on the trains. Have a lovely day what ever you are doing. xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...