Sunday 6 October 2019

Making Something Old New Again

  Tom was working yesterday morning so I had a bit of a sort out of a few cupboards and when he got in we had an early lunch and took the boxes of old ornaments to our local charity salesroom. Hopefully someone else will want our discarded items and we set about looking for items we need. I have a painting and an old print I have been looking for frames for and I bought two nice large frames whilst I was there to reframe them. The large one was £2 and the smaller one £1.50 so much cheaper than if I bought them new. I find it is often worth buying old pictures instead of frames as they are nearly always very cheap.


   The smaller one has a message on the back so it was obviously given as wedding present for a couple from The Guiders Of North West Division. I wonder who the couple were. I hope they had a long and happy marriage. I'm going to put my print over this one but keep the original in the frame too and keep the message on the back. I would hate to take away the history of an old item.


  Two other items I found were these two casserole dishes for £3. I have an idea for making some extra Christmas presents from these with either bulbs or pansies. I'll have a little search around Wilkinsons later on today to see if I can get some ideas. They are very big and heavy so could have lots of other uses when the plants have died.


  Tom managed to get a few UB40 CDs so he was very happy and I found this Wind In The Willows DVD. My children had the video of this when they were little and loved it so I thought Scarlett may enjoy it now. I must admit I'm quite looking forward to settling down on a cold day to watch it too.!


   I finished the last of the conker liquid yesterday and noticed it had thickened up as it been left standing. All nice and clean except Tom's white sports socks but maybe that was asking a bit much! Eldest daughter has sent me a message saying Scarlett was very busy yesterday and has collected a lot more for me. I feel this may be child labour!
   We are trying to decide whether to walk down to a local car boot sale as the weather has been so bad over night.It's starting to brighten up slightly so may be worth a little mooch about. Hope everyone has a great Sunday what ever you are doing. xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...