Wednesday 3 March 2021

The Ducks Are In The Dining Room

 Oh well! After working from 9.30 to darkness I'm afraid to say the duck run wasn't finished. The paving slabs were all levelled. The framework went together quite easily but the chicken wire was hopeless. I kept saying as we were attaching it. "The foxes are going to laugh at us when they see this wire!" We might as well just have said "Foxes come and get your dinner!" At the end of the day it just wasn't safe enough.  I'm not giving up. I read somewhere when you are thinking about foxes you must remember they have the agility of a cat and the strength of a dog. I will check every corner of the run to secure it somehow before the ducks go back in so we have another busy day ahead of us. I really love our garden foxes but I know they are wild animals. The vixen is probably pregnant now, which will make her even more determined to care for her young by providing food. We don't want our ducks part of that food! 

The ducks however are blissfully unaware of all these problems and are perfectly happy in the warm in the dining room! I think they have quite enjoyed their day yesterday, a bit of a change of scene!


I'm off outside again now. I really wish I could sit with a cup of coffee and look through some blogs but not this morning again. I hope everyone has a lovely day and it's a bit more restful than mine is set to be! xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...