Sunday 7 March 2021

A Disgruntled Fox

 I didn't get out in the garden yesterday morning as youngest daughter is so fed up with her lockdown hair, she had ordered a highlighting kit online. The kit arrived so my morning was spent pulling strands of hair through it felt like a million little holes in a plastic cap and painting bleach on to strands of hair. It seemed to take hours, and my garden plans went out the window but youngest daughter was happy with the end result so I suppose that is more important. It's unusual I don't go out into the garden at all in the morning as I like to check the ducks and the aviary but yesterday I didn't. I have got into the habit of putting a handful of dog biscuits into a bowl at the end of the garden at lunchtime but not yesterday. I think our vixen is pregnant and I'm trying to give the cubs a good start. As I sat eating my sandwich at lunchtime she was looking in at me in a very reproachful way. At least it reassures me the duck run is secure.


By the afternoon it had warmed up a bit and the sun had come out so it was probably just as well my plans were held up. It was mainly still clearing up after the move round. The duck run is now further up the garden and my little greenhouse has been moved down. Everything looks so untidy, pots are in the wrong place and I have things I took out of the greenhouse I just don't quite know what to do with. The whole time I was out a little wren was hopping about on the path. I was thrilled I really hope they are planning to nest nearby this spring.  By the time Tom got in from work at 4pm it was starting to look a bit tidier in the garden, I had managed to book both his Coronavirus vaccines online, we watched Sutton United live on the television who drew 0-0 but they are still doing very well and youngest daughter's hair was admired, so all in all it was quite a successful day. Oh and the fox got her biscuits!
  I should really do some housework today as only a few days off from it and it all starts to look a bit messy but there is rain forecast for the beginning of the week so I may get out in the garden again today and have a blitz inside when the weather is bad. I'm also going to write the letter to my old school friend today. I have written it in my head a hundred times but I am quite nervous about putting it down on paper. I'll give it a go. I hope everyone has a lovely Sunday what ever your plans. xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...