Wednesday 17 March 2021

Simple Life In Lockdown

 I went to see my Dad yesterday to do his shopping. He has worked so hard in the garden in the last week and it has really lifted his spirits and given him the chance to have a chat with everyone walking by. While we were sitting having a cup of tea the breaking news notification sounded on my phone. "Oh" I said "Hairdressers are opening in Scotland!" That's good news we commented. Then we laughed if anyone had told us this would be breaking news and a topic of our conversation over a year ago we would never have believed them.

The other thing we talked about was the census. We have to fill Dad's online for him as this seems to be just about the only way to do it. There is an option to call someone if you can't do this but I have a feeling this won't be as easy as it sounds.  It must be very hard for some people, even though my Dad is a lot more "tech savvy" than many old people, my sister and I are in a Whatsapp group with him and we regularly chat and exchange photos, I doubt he would be able to fill his whole census in on his tablet. This also led to the conversation of what on earth people in a hundred years time will make of this lockdown census when it is released to the public. As my 89 year old Dad so perfectly put it "I know exactly what I'll be doing on the 21st March, the same as every other day. Bugger all!"

When I got on the train to go home I realised I had left my key at home so I phoned youngest daughter and asked her to listen out for me as I didn't want to be knocking on the door and setting the dogs off barking. We decided it would be a perfect time to test a new discovery we had made on Whatsapp. With all this talk of keeping women safe I had been reading about an option on Whatsapp where you can choose one of your contacts, tap on the little paper clip, then choose location, then live location and that person can track where you are for the amount of time you choose. Youngest daughter set her location too and we could watch each other on the map getting closer and closer. It certainly passed the journey and she was waiting at the front door when she could see me coming down the road on the map. Later on after we had eaten our evening meal she showed me she had recorded a video of my journey home. She then had fun speeding it up to show my little Whatsapp face dashing along the railway track and added it to music. We did laugh so much, although we also decided we definitely need to get out more! Hopefully soon. 

There was a such a beautiful sunset yesterday evening, I tried to get a photo of it while I was on the train, but wasn't able to really as the train was moving too fast. It was so beautiful though I hoped it would mean it would be a nice day today, as the saying goes, and it is a lovely morning.

Tom is off today and he want's to lay some more bricks on our job of paving over the flowerbeds next to our terrace. If it stays nice I'll definitely work in the garden as I have a few heavy planting jobs I need help with while Tom is here. Poor Tom I haven't shared these plans with him yet. I hope everyone has a lovely day what ever your plans. xx

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...