Friday, 2 September 2016

The Moral Of The Story

   The man from the tree department of the local council office came to my Mum and Dad's house today. He knew Mrs Aggressive very well and said she is never off the phone to him complaining about every tree adjacent to her garden and every tree in her garden, as two of her own trees have protection orders on them. One wonders why she ever bought the house surrounded by lovely old trees when she clearly has such a problem with them.
    "Oh dear" said the man from the council looking at the damage to my Mum and Dads old Yew tree. "You can't prove anything you see." he said "She could say you have damaged your own tree. We don't have the resources to prosecute anyway even if we could prove it. You will have to take out a private prosecution." So that's it. The moral of the story is you can do what you want in life to other people's property as long as you don't get caught!


    My Dad was really defiant after the council man had left. "That tree is never being cut down while I'm alive." he said "It can stand dead, casting shade on her garden for evermore as far as I'm concerned." So that's that then. 
   .

6 comments:

  1. That's a terrible thing to do to a beautiful old tree (and I thought I had problems with my awful neighbour) My old Nan used to say 'what goes around comes around' and 'the good Lord always pays his debts', so with that in mind, I've left some trees to grow tall but not on my neighbours side of the garden- on the other side - they're now tall enough to be casting shade on her side and she can't get to them to cut at them .....I like the shade there's plenty of hostas and ferns that grow beautifully in that part of the garden - I'm glad that your Dad is leaving the tree where it is - it's what that horrible woman deserves xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it has really upset my Dad to think of this happening probably while he was visiting my Mum in hospital as they both love the garden so much. Jane xx

      Delete
  2. I'm a new follower to your blog, having found a link on another blogger's page. After reading about the fate of that ancient tree, I am so thankful I have good neighbours.
    I live in Cornwall and ramble about my walks or visits to various places; my blog is liskerret.blogspot.co.uk and I'd love to see you there. Rosemary (Rambler)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rosemary I am really looking forward to reading your stories about rambling in Cornwall. It looks beautiful. Jane xx

      Delete
  3. Oh why are some people just so horrid. I hope the tree has a long time standing even if no longer it's once majestic self. Big hugs to your parents. The tree stays...hooray! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know some people have no soul! Really we should feel sorry for them. Jane xx

    ReplyDelete