Saturday 3 April 2021

Our Old Stomping Ground

 It turned out a much nicer day yesterday than the weather forecasters predicted. The afternoon was warm and sunny and I was out gardening all afternoon. I'm trying to redo the part at the end by the aviary but can't quite make up my mind how to do it. I want to keep the seating area as Scarlett loves to sit there and watch the cockatiels but also want it to encourage wildlife. The trouble is although I want a wildlife area and I love the whole garden to look as natural as possible, it has become just a mess down at the end. I enjoy planning though and may have a walk down to a local ecology centre this week (if it is open) to get some ideas. The foxes live in the part at the side of the aviary, so I'll leave that completely alone for them to have their own space but the rest is going to be sorted out a bit. I'm really hoping we may get a repeat of last year with fox cubs living there too.


My little trees are doing well I have three little plum trees now in pots, lots of apple trees, crab apples and hawthorn trees all grown from collected seeds. I have no idea how they will do and what sort of trees will grow from them but I love the experiment of finding out. I'm going to sort them out and photograph them so I can watch them grow this year.

I'm really enjoying these lighter evenings and walked yesterday evening until 7.45 and it was still just about light. I took Tess all the way up round the road we used to live in and that area, where we lived when Tom and I were first married almost 39 years ago. All those roads I used to walk around with different dogs over the years, it was very nostalgic. Neighbours long gone or even long dead. I really enjoyed it and if the weather doesn't get too cold I'm going to explore a few more of the roads on my "old stomping ground" this weekend.

When I got home it was nearly dark. I popped out into the garden as I remembered I had left the fleece I wear while I am gardening, on the bench at the end of the garden. It had been so warm I had taken it off while I was working. When I got up there I realised the fox had dragged it off the bench and up the garden, and even worse had weed on it! Well there's gratitude for you!

Tom is off today so we are off to Lidl now to buy some food for the weekend. I hope everyone has a wonderful and restful Easter and manages to get to see some loved ones. xx
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...